INSOL International’s Aims
We are an Association which recognises the contribution of all our employees, members, associates and speakers. Our aims are to be supportive, fair, just and free from discrimination. In line with these objectives, we will challenge discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation; actively promote equality and diversity; and ensure that the legislation and policy requirements within the nine protected characteristics of equality and diversity are implemented into all our working practices.
Our vision for equality and diversity goes beyond establishing processes to achieve change. As part of our interaction with our employees, members, member institutions and suppliers, we will endeavour to be pro-active and monitor progress made towards meeting our objectives to:
- Encourage diversity and eliminate unfair treatment and discrimination through a full range of policies and procedures.
- Recognise that employees have rights to work in a supportive, safe and harassment-free environment and have individual and collective responsibility to value and respect each other’s contributions.
Discrimination and Victimisation
In regard to discrimination and victimisation:
We respect and uphold the dignity of all our employees, members, associates and speakers and value the contribution they make to INSOL. We are committed to providing a working environment that is free from bullying and harassment and where everyone is treated with dignity and respect as covered in our Dignity at Work Policy.
INSOL International’s vision is to create an environment in which all people have equal, dignified and ease of access to our goods, services and facilities through the full range of INSOL International activities. We want to eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity throughout INSOL International. We are committed to INSOL International becoming fully accessible and inclusive, as befits the largest international association of restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy professionals. INSOL International is actively working to increase and improve the usability and accessibility of our services and resources and in doing so aim to meet our legal, moral and ethical obligations.
In respect of our procurement activities:
- We will endeavour to ensure that the purchase of goods, services and facilities is undertaken in line with our equality and diversity commitments.
- We will endeavour to use suppliers who share our values on equality of opportunity and diversity;
- We will endeavour to establish procedures to ensure that businesses from diverse communities have an equal opportunity of competing for collaborative procurement contracts to supply goods and services to INSOL International.
- We will endeavour to influence our external operations to ensure that they are inclusive and uphold the principles of equality and diversity mindfulness within the operational aspect of these functions.
In regard to employment:
- We will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- We will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity.
- All employees of INSOL International are required to comply with the Association’s equality aims and to treat colleagues with dignity and respect.
- We support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies.
- We have a written anti-harassment policy and complaints procedure.
- We have a written parental, adoption and flexible leave policy, which our Equality and Diversity Officers keep under regular review.
- We are prepared to consider and implement reasonable adjustments for those who are disabled.
- We are committed to taking positive action to remedy the under-representation of women, ethnic minorities and those with disabilities.
- We have appointed Equality and Diversity Officers to promote equality and diversity awareness, to monitor equality and to report on compliance.
We will collect and analyse as often as necessary and at least once annualy voluntarily provided monitoring information by gender, thnicity and disability on speakers and employees.
We have one Equality and Diversity Officer who will report internally on our progress on Equality and Diversity and on related issues to the Executive Committee.
We will report externally on our progress on Equality and Diversity as required to interested parties.
Communication of Positioning Statement
This Positioning Statement will be communicated to all members of INSOL International via the Equality and Diversity pages on the INSOL website. New employees will be briefed on the content of the Positioning Statement during the Induction process.