Richard Turton Award 2020
The Richard Turton Award provides an educational opportunity for a qualifying participant to attend the INSOL Europe Congress with all expenses paid.
Richard Turton had a unique role in the formation and management of INSOL Europe, INSOL International, the Insolvency Practitioners Association and R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals in the UK. In recognition of his achievements these four organisations jointly created an award in memory of Richard.
The award is open to applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- +A national of a developing or emerging nation;
- +Work in or study insolvency & restructuring law and practice (students satisfying the nationality requirement, but studying in another country, are also eligible to apply);
- +Under 35 years of age.
INSOL INTERNATIONAL NEWS UPDATE
All members receive our monthly electronic newsletter.
In these, we cover global case decisions, new and pending legislation, journal articles, news, deal information and any other information of interest to our members. The newsletter has a format that provides links to the full details of the articles.
The successful applicant will:
- +Be invited to do a short presentation during the INSOL Europe webinar on 2 October 2020 and attend the 2021 INSOL Europe Congress in Dublin, Ireland, all expenses paid.
- +Write a paper of 3,000 words on a subject of insolvency or turnaround agreed with the panel. This paper will be published in summary in one or more of the four Member Associations' journals and in full on their websites.
- +Be recognised at the congress and receive a framed certificate of the Richard Turton Award.
If you fulfil the criteria and are able to meet the requirements of the successful applicant, you are invited to apply by sending your CV, a 200 word statement outlining why you should be chosen, and the title of your proposed paper with a brief synopsis to email@example.com before 26 June 2020.
Applications will be adjudicated by a panel representing the four associations. The successful applicant will be notified by 31 July 2020.
The details of the Turton Award and papers of the previous winners can be found below.
Richard Turton Award Winners
2019 TURTON AWARD winner
2018 TURTON AWARD winner
2017 TURTON AWARD Winner
2016 TURTON AWARD WINNER
2015 Turton Award Winner
2014 Turton Award Winner
2013 Turton Award Winner
2012 Turton Award Winner
2011 Turton Award Winner
2010 Turton Award Winner
- + Abuse of insolvency proceedings in Poland by a creditor to exert pressure on the debtor. Remedies for the entity declared bankrupt as a result of a malicious motion
2009 Turton Award Winner
2008 Turton Award Winner
2007 Turton Award Winner
2006 Turton Award Winner
2005 Turton Award Winner