About the Richard Turton Award
Richard Turton had a unique role in the formation and management of INSOL Europe, INSOL International, the English Insolvency Practitioners Association and R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals in the UK. In recognition of his achievements these four organisations jointly created an award in memory of Richard.
The Richard Turton Award provides an educational opportunity for a qualifying participant to attend the annual INSOL Europe Conference.
In recognition of those aspects in which Richard had a special interest, the award is open to applicants who fulfil all of the following:
- +Work in and are a national of a developing or emerging nation;
- +Work in or be actively studying insolvency law & practice;
- +Be under 35 years of age at the date of the application;
- +Have sufficient command of spoken English to benefit from the conference technical programme;
- +Agree to the conditions below
Technical Electronic Newsletter
All members receive our monthly electronic newsletter.
In these, we cover global case decisions, new and pending legislation, journal articles, news, deal information and any other information of interest to our members. The newsletter has a format that provides links to the full details of the articles.
Applicants for the award are invited to write to the address below enclosing their C.V. and stating why they should be chosen in less than 200 words by the 1st July 2019. In addition the panel requests that the applicants include the title of their suggested paper as specified below. The applications will be adjudicated by a panel representing the four associations. The decision will be made by the 5th August 2019 to allow the successful applicant to co-ordinate their attendance with INSOL Europe.
The successful applicant will:
- +Be invited to attend the INSOL Europe Annual Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark on 26-29 September 2019.
- +Write a paper of 3,000 words on a subject of insolvency and turnaround to be agreed with the panel. This paper will be published in summary in one or more of the Member Associations’ journals and in full on their websites.
- +Be recognised at the conference and receive a framed certificate of the Richard Turton Award.
Interested? Let us know why you should be given the opportunity to attend the INSOL Europe Conference as a recipient of the Richard Turton Award plus an overview of your paper in no more than 200 words by the 1st July 2019 to:
Richard Turton Award
c/o INSOL International
6-7 Queen Street
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7248 3384
Too old? Do a young colleague a favour and pass details of this opportunity on.
Applicants will receive notice by the 5th August 2019 of the panel's decision.
Richard Turton Award Winners
2018 winner - yutong zhang
The committee is delighted to announce that the winner for this year’s award is Yutong Zhang from China. Yutong is a visiting researcher of University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, and prior to that he was a PhD candidate at China University of Political Science and Law. Currently Yutong is practicing insolvency and turnaround at JD Finance.
As part of the award, Yutong was invited to attend the INSOL Europe Congress on 6-7 October 2018 in Athens, Greece. We would like to congratulate Yutong on his excellent application and also thank all the candidates who applied for the award this year.
2017 Winner - bingdao wang
2016 TURTON AWARD WINNER
2015 Turton Award Winner
2014 Turton Award Winner
2013 Turton Award Winner
2012 Turton Award Winner
2011 Turton Award Winner
2010 Turton Award Winner
- + Abuse of insolvency proceedings in Poland by a creditor to exert pressure on the debtor. Remedies for the entity declared bankrupt as a result of a malicious motion
2009 Turton Award Winner
2008 Turton Award Winner
2007 Turton Award Winner
2006 Turton Award Winner
2005 Turton Award Winner