Mr. Lucas Kortmann
Lucas Kortmann is partner at RESOR N.V., an Amsterdam based law firm specialised in high-end corporate restructuring, insolvency law and corporate litigation. In recent years, RESOR's lawyers have been involved in most of the major restructuring and insolvency cases in the Netherlands. Lucas' practice includes advising and litigating for banks, (multinational) companies, management and court-appointed administrators on all insolvency or restructuring related issues, in particular in cross-border situations. Recent experience includes advising and representing in court:
- the Dutch financing vehicle of Brazilian telecom giant Oi SA, on its USD 19 billion restructuring, in parallel insolvency proceedings in the Netherlands and Brazil and US Chapter 15 proceedings;
- the Ad Hoc Committee of bondholders in the multi-billion Euro restructuring of the Steinhoff group;
- a major Dutch retail company on its restructuring;
- the Dutch bankcuptcy administrator of the Dutch OSX Group vehicles, in particular on cross-border issues;
- the DIP lendes in Chapter 11 proceedings of SFX, a leading global electronic music events producer, including Dutch companies being subjected to Chapter 11 proceedings
- Major financial institutions on a regular basis in (cross-border) insolvencies and distress situation.
Previously, Lucas worked at De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek in Amsterdam and Hengeler Mueller in Berlin. Lucas is a Fellow of INSOL International, heaving completed the Global Insolvency Practice Course with honours. He regularly speaks at conferences and acts as a guest-lecturer on (international) insolvency law and publishes thereon. He is the author of the country report of the Netherlands for the German 'Münchener Kommentar Insolvenzordnung". Lucas is a member of the Core Committee of the INSOL Younger Practitioners Committee. Lucas holds both a degree in English law (University of Southampton, 1998), and a degree in Dutch law (University of Groningen, 2003). He speaks Dutch, English, German and French.