As one of the world’s largest accountancy and business advisory networks, we have the international reach and expertise to deliver the best solutions for our clients. We have over 80,000 staff operating from 1,600 offices in 162 countries. Our partners provide seamless advice across borders, understanding and respecting the issues and sensitivities which arise when businesses in distress operate in more than one country. We bring together expertise from across the breadth of BDO. Our advice is pragmatic and tailored to each client’s circumstances. Our service is personal and partner-led, combining the best of a local organisation with the quality, professional expertise and reputation of an international firm. Our services include:
Formal insolvency appointments
We act as insolvency office holders in all types of formal insolvencies for companies and individuals. We are able to take appointments in all the major jurisdictions or we can advise and support our clients through the insolvency process. We have a dedicated team of insolvency and forensic specialists who focus on contentious and cross border corporate insolvencies. Our work here includes:
- Asset tracing investigations, and asset recovery;
- Formal insolvency appointments, whether under the Insolvency Act or similar foreign procedures;
- Court appointments (acting as provisional liquidators, court appointed receivers etc) to hold and manage assets;
- Deep litigation expertise; and
- Acting as an expert witness
Additionally, our corporate simplification team assists our clients to streamline their corporate structures, including the use of solvent liquidations.
We offer a full range of restructuring advice to maximise value and keep companies out of formal insolvency. We have specialist teams who provide the following services:
- Special Situations M&A;
- Operational advisory;
- Debt advisory;
- Pensions advisory;
- Independent business reviews; and
- Cash and liquidity/working capital management.
Complementing the provision of restructuring advice to lenders and other creditors, we have a dedicated Corporate Advisory team who act for companies, their shareholders and their management when they are experiencing financial, operational and/or event driven change or stress. Our senior team focus on providing pragmatic actionable advice that maximises value for our clients. Services commonly require.
- Analysis of issues, risks and options;
- Identification of turnaround, liquidity, working capital and operational restructuring solutions;
- Implementation of plans, including taking interim management roles; and;
- Assisting boards in their engagement with stakeholders.