Business Restructuring & Reorganization Practice
Jones Day’s lawyers collaborate to resolve complex restructuring issues and problems in jurisdictions throughout the world. Debtors, creditors, and other parties involved in business restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 cases, and other transactions with financially distressed entities receive a full range of services from more than 100 restructuring lawyers in financial centers worldwide.
We represent debtors, creditors, trustees, and insolvency practitioners in complex multijurisdictional restructurings, out-of-court workouts, chapter 11 and chapter 9 cases, administrations and schemes of arrangement, as well as distressed investors and acquirors of financially troubled enterprises.
Global, Multijurisdictional Team
Clients are provided:
- A full range of restructuring capabilities, including dedicated distress-related resources from other Firm practices, such as litigation, tax, finance, benefits, and M&A.
- Experience addressing diverse issues and dealing effectively with stakeholders in corporate and municipal restructurings.
- Understanding of the business, financial, and legal issues facing distressed businesses, distressed and nondistressed investors, and other parties dealing with troubled debtors.
- Extensive experience on all sides of restructuring matters, enabling our lawyers to see the entire picture and offer valuable perspectives.
- Global knowledge about restructurings in all major money centers, including Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Restructuring experience spanning all major industries.