When a company’s value is threatened, KPMG Restructuring professionals can identify innovative domestic and cross-border solutions in both stressed and distressed situations.
Working alongside lenders, stakeholders and all levels of management, member firm professionals plan and deliver restructuring actions which can provide real improvement to cash flow, profit & loss and the corporate balance sheet.
KPMG member firms take an objective, hands-on approach to stabilising under-performing businesses by identifying opportunities for strategic, operational and financial change. The aim is to help the business back on track, to optimise its performance and efficiency and to generate outstanding and lasting value for stakeholders.
Our Turnaround and Cash teams have delivered success on a large number of the highest profile assignments across the globe in the last couple of years. We work closely with our colleagues in Corporate Finance taking a practical, data backed approach that helps increase value whilst minimising ongoing implications for remaining assets of business units. Our turnaround team are able to deliver successful recovery outcomes to both mis-market private enterprises and the most complex international groups thanks to decade of experience and our flexible approach. Turnaround services include:
- Operational Restructuring
- Fix, Sell, Close
- Risk Management Solutions
- Cash & Liquidity
- Short term cash forecasting
- Crisis cash management
- CRO services / Turnaround Directors
Working with companies at times of intense pressure, to deliver a thorough advisory service throughout the financial restructuring process. Offering our clients, the financial advice they need and have extensive contacts and relationships with providers of finance to stressed companies. We work with stakeholders to assist them in developing and implementing their strategies in respect of underperforming investments or borrowers. Helping you re-balance your capital structure, securing liquidity and stakeholder support for sustainable growth. Financial Restructuring services include:
- Appraisal and stabilisation
- Stakeholder negotiations
- Development of planning and implementation strategies
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Restructuring Plans
- Options analysis for companies and/or their lenders including financial restructuring, and assessment of M&A, refinancing, Mortatorium and other options
- Contingency planning to support restructuring options analysis and advice.
- Schemes of arrangement
KPMG have built a leading insolvency practice that, by combining a global capability, a multi- disciplinary approach and a responsive network, can enable experienced member firm practitioners to deploy innovative solutions with confidence and discretion – aiming to secure a positive outcome for stakeholders, however complex the challenge. Insolvency services include:
- Corporate insolvency – court appointed
- Corporate insolvency – non court appointed
- Corporate simplification - solvent
- Contentious insolvency & asset chasing
- Creditor compromises and cramdowns
- Personal insolvency
- Contingency planning
- Multi-jurisictional insolvency
We provide practical advice to insurer, re-insurers and intermediaries in dealing with all aspects of underperforming or non-core insurance businesses. KPMG member firms also take formal insolvency appointments of insurance entities. Teams provide a range of services from the transition into run-off, a commitment to operational excellence throughout the run-off and support the design and implementation of a wide variety of exit solutions, in addition to the management of complex insolvencies.
Insurance Restructuring services include:
- M&A and wider Deal support on disposals of insurance portfolios/entities in run-off – both sell and buy side.
- Exit solutions for underperforming or non-core geographies/markets of lines of business
- Reorganisation and restructuring services, particularly in the light of Brexit
- Management and support for insurance business transfer processes
- Other exit planning and implementation, including Schemes of Arrangement and bespoke support for captive insurers
- Transition into run-off and best practice advice during the run-off
- Rapid cost reduction
- Cash and treasury management and support
- Contingency planning
- Insurance sector insolvencies – court appointed
Global Co-Head of Restructuring Global Head of Financial Restructuring
Global Head of Deal Advisory KPMG International
T: +34 914 563 524
E: [email protected]
Global Co-Head of Restructuring Head of Asia Pacific Region KPMG in Hong Kong
T: +85 221 402 836
E: [email protected]