Global Restructuring and Insolvency Practice
Linklaters has leading restructuring and insolvency practitioners in the jurisdictions in which it operates. The team comprises restructuring and insolvency specialists throughout Europe, the Americas, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, who work closely with the firm’s top tier finance and corporate practices. We have a wide-ranging and well-balanced practice acting for all manner of stakeholders on credit restructuring and rescheduling, debt and equity capital raising and restructuring, distressed M&A activity, investigations, asset tracing and insolvency litigation, formal insolvency procedures and contingency planning and implementation using out of court and in court procedures in each of our jurisdictions, including US Chapter 11. We also advise on strategic distressed debt and equity investments.
Depth of experience
Our restructuring and insolvency lawyers work on some of the most complex and innovative restructuring and insolvency transactions and cases of recent times, across a broad range of sectors and a wide range of jurisdictions.
Our team has recently been involved in:
- Bank emergency recapitalisations, resolutions, asset portfolio sales and insolvencies, ring-fencing exercises and UK liability management schemes
- Restructuring complex, multi-jurisdiction leveraged financings with bank debt and bond debt
- Restructurings of international industrial corporates with multiple group financings and multi-stakeholder arrangements
- Insolvency practitioners on complex and cross border insolvencies, related transactions and contingency planning exercises
- Development and use of restructuring techniques, cram down procedures and legal frameworks across several jurisdictions to achieve innovative solutions for stakeholders
“They are very good technically and very proactive in providing advice.”Chambers UK 2020, Restructuring & Insolvency: Band 1
“Linklaters LLP is able to produce restructuring, and workout advice of the highest quality.” Legal 500 UK 2020, Corporate Restructuring Insolvency: Tier 1
“Sources highlight the firm’s ‘international insolvency and restructuring experience, cross border capability and responsive client service’.” Chambers Global 2019, Restructuring & Insolvency