BANKRUPTCY & RESTRUCTURING
Our bankruptcy and restructuring lawyers advise stakeholders in all aspects of financially troubled situations, including bankruptcy and workouts in the United States, the United Kindom, Latin America, Singapore, Australia and elsewhere around the globe. We are one of the leading legal advisers in sovereign debt matters, and we advise creditors of companies in the wake of nationalizations.
Our goal is to assist clients in realizing maximum returns, and our experience includes representations of debtors, creditors’ committees, acquirers, boards of directors, shareholders, senior and junior debt holders, and hedge funds.Our work also includes:
- Section 363 sales
- Bankruptcy litigation
- Cross-border distressed situations
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Liquidations and liquidating trusts
- Out-of-court workouts
We help creditor clients achieve successful outcomes in all debt asset classes – corporate debt, project debt, financial institutional debt, and nationalized debt, in developed and emerging markets, around the world.
Our bankruptcy and restructuring team counsels clients involved in the full range of industries and has extensive experience in the energy and insurance sectors.
- Tier 1, Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency & Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy, US News/Best Lawyers – Best Law Firms (2017–2019)
- Recommended, Finance: Restructuring (including Bankruptcy)–Corporate, The Legal 500 US (2017–2019)
- Ranked, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers USA (2015–2019)
- Recognized, Restructuring & Insolvency, IFLR1000 (2019, 2020)
Andrew J. Gallo
David L. Lawton