The Corporate Restructuring Group at Skadden provides innovative solutions to clients involved in distressed company situations, allowing them to enhance value, minimize costs and properly position themselves for the future.
We represent troubled companies, boards of directors, owners, creditors, lenders, investors and acquirors in the full spectrum of in- and out-of-court restructuring transactions, including financial recapitalizations, business reorganizations, acquisitions and liquidations. We are especially focused on out-of-court solutions to liquidity and other financial or business crises, avoiding, where possible and appropriate, formal bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings. In addition, our presence in Europe, Asia, and North and South America allows us to provide our clients with global restructuring services.
Where a Chapter 11 case is necessary, we are well-known for efficient, streamlined cases that minimize the time spent in Chapter 11. Specifically, Skadden pioneered the use of prepackaged Chapter 11 cases — quick and cost efficient restructurings that are negotiated out-of-court and implemented through expedited Chapter 11 processes.
Skadden Restructuring is frequently recognized as one of the premier restructuring practices worldwide:
- Corporate Restructuring Team of the Year (The American Lawyer and Legal Week Transatlantic Legal Awards)
- Five representations named in Successful Restructuring series (Turnarounds & Workouts)
- One matter recognized for Turnaround and Transaction of the Year Awards (Turnaround Management Association)
- Top tier for Restructuring (IFLR 1000, U.S. News — Best Lawyers Best Law Firms)
- GRR 30 (world’s top 30 firms for cross-border restructuring and insolvency advice)