Mr. James A Katchadurian
CR3 Partners LLC
James Katchadurian has significant experience in several highly visible insolvency matters. His responsibilities have focused on advising companies in all aspects of a restructuring, including preparing debtors for filing, managing, designing and implementing debtors’ communications, strategic, claiming and reconciliation processes as well as plan and balloting advice, crisis management and advisor to creditors, equity investors and companies in distressed situations.
Mr. Katchadurian’s recent engagements include:
• CRO of Northstar Offshore Group, a Gulf of Mexico producer of oil and gas, during its Chapter 11 and related 363 sale process. Assisted the debtor in strategic planning, cash-flow management, creditor management, expert testimony, plan formulation and as general advisor on all aspects of the business.
• Conducted an assessment of an advertising and media company and defined go forward plan for company undergoing significant industry transformation
• Acted as CFO and Treasurer of Regency Holdings Inc., a cruise line with multinational assets as it underwent a chapter 11 process.
• Led the team assisting Energy Future Holdings/TXU Energy as it navigated its Chapter 11 process. Assisted the debtor and its advisors in pre-filing preparations, implementing noticing, data gathering and communications plans. Assisted in the design of customer notice and communications plan to 3.5 million TXU customers as well as a novel notice and communications plan to capture information from potential un-manifested asbestos claimants.
• Represented Lehman Brothers Holdings in its Chapter 11 process as well as the SIPA liquidation of its broker dealer, Lehman Brothers Inc. Led the team that gathered information from Lehman post-collapse and provided general advice to the debtors.
• Represented MF Global Inc., a-broker dealer in liquidation as it underwent a multi-year process to unravel amounts owed to customers.
• Advised the three Icelandic banks in moratorium. Designed and implemented transfer and claims reconciliation processes. Worked with major domestic and international depositories to coordinate information flow and ensure data integrity. Worked closely with banks, advisors and creditors to implement plan of reorganization and composition process, allowing banks to emerge from the insolvency process and distribute funds and securities to creditors.
• Co-managed the Direct Share Program for General Motors, which was the largest IPO in U.S. history. Created process to capture indications of interest and final orders from thousands of participants. Designed and managed a call center to communicate with and answer questions from affected parties.
Mr. Katchadurian underwent credit training at Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co. He is a Fellow of INSOL International and a member, speaker and author of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) and Turnaround Management Association (TMA).