Harneys is a global offshore law firm with entrepreneurial thinking and a service built around professionalism, personal service and rapid response. We are experts in British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Bermuda1 and Anguilla law. We advise an international client base which includes the world’s top law firms, financial institutions, investment funds and private individuals. Our network is one of the largest among offshore law firms, with locations in major financial centres in Europe, Asia, the Americas and the Caribbean, allowing us to provide services of the highest quality to clients in their own languages and time zones.
1 Bermuda law advice is provided by Zuill & Co., an independent Bermuda law firm operating in exclusive association with Harneys.
Our Corporate Restructuring Group
Our dedicated restructuring team acted in the largest and most complex cross-border offshore restructurings over the past decade. As market leaders, the list of cases in which we have acted is preeminent – many of which have led to published decisions helping to define offshore jurisprudence in the area. We have the passion and firepower to get the job done and a reputation which we are keen to protect and enhance.
Our restructuring group is led by a team of ranked partners with the experience and specialist expertise needed to navigate the complexities which can arise for a distressed company in a cross-border environment. Regardless of the nature of the restructuring, whether it is confined to a debt compromise or a redomiciliation or extends to capital reductions or reorganisations, our team leaders will have seen it before.
To enhance our offering, our restructuring team works closely with Harney’s formidable transactional, litigation, funds, trusts, tax and regulatory teams to provide our clients with a seamless, “one-stop shop” that is tailored to their individual legal needs.
Insolvency and Asset Tracing
Our litigation and fraud teams regularly deploy insolvency tools to effect in asset tracing exercises. We work closely with key insolvency practitioners and investigatory teams across jurisdictions and have recently been involved in the most detailed and successful campaigns to recover diverted funds, notably in Latin America and Asia. We are instructed by banks, funds and accountancy firms to provide time sensitive strategy and execution globally.
- + China Agrotech Holdings Limited – acting for the company in its US$215 million debt restructuring.
- + Kaisa Group Holdings Limited – acting for the company in its US$2.5 billion debt restructuring.
- + OAS Construction – advising a top accountancy firm on cross-border provisions.
- + Banco Cruzeiro do Sul – advising on detailed disclosure applications in a massive Brazilian fraud.
- + LDK Solar Co., Ltd – acting for the largest creditor group in the US$1.13 billion debt restructuring of one of the largest global manufacturer of photovoltaic products.
- + Seadrill Limited – acting as offshore counsel for the committee of unsecured creditors in the company’s US$3.1 billion debt restructuring.
“Formidable insolvency and restructuring capability.”
Chambers and Partners
For more information and our key contacts, click here, or visit our website.