Richard Turton Award
About the Richard Turton Award
Richard Turton had a unique role in the formation and management of INSOL Europe, INSOL
International, the English Insolvency Practitioners Association and R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals in the UK. In recognition of his achievements these four organisations jointly created an award in memory of Richard. The Richard Turton Award provides an educational opportunity for a qualifying participant to attend the annual INSOL Europe Conference.
In recognition of those aspects in which Richard had a special interest, the award is open to
applicants who fulfil all of the following:
• Work in and are a national of a developing or emerging nation;
• Work in or be actively studying insolvency law & practice;
• Be under 35 years of age at the date of the application;
• Have sufficient command of spoken English to benefit from the conference technical programme;
• Agree to the conditions below
Applicants for the award are invited to write to the address below enclosing their C.V. and stating why they should be chosen in less than 200 words by the 1st July 2015. In addition the panel requests that the applicants include the title of their suggested paper as specified below. The applications will be adjudicated by a panel representing the four associations. The decision will be made by the 5th August 2016 to allow the successful applicant to co-ordinate their attendance with INSOL Europe.
The successful applicant will:
• Be invited to attend the INSOL Europe Annual Congress in Lisbon, Portugal 22nd-25th September 2015
• Write a paper of 3,000 words on a subject of insolvency and turnaround to be agreed with
the panel. This paper will be published in summary in one or more of the Member
Associations’ journals and in full on their websites.
• Be recognised at the conference and receive a framed certificate of the Richard Turton Award.
Interested? Send a 200 word statement as to why you should be given the opportunity to attend the INSOL Europe Conference as the recipient of the Richard Turton Award by the 1st July 2016 to:
Richard Turton Award
C/O INSOL International
6-7 Queen Street
London EC4N 1SP
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7248 3384
Too old? Do a young colleague a favour and pass details of this opportunity on.
Applicants will receive notice by the 5th August 2016 of the panel’s decision.
Page last modified: 21st January 2015